Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chapter 9: The Warrior Awakens

As I made my way across the field towards the zombie, my mind began to wonder. "Who was this person? How did they become like this?" It didn't matter now. All that mattered was that this person was a zombie and there was nothing we could do, but destroy it. I was close to him now. This zombie was less human looking than the first I had encountered, but he could actually walk better than the other one. Lifting the paddle, I summoned my strength, closed my eyes, and swung. I waited for the jolt that would shoot down the paddle confirming contact, but it never came. The morning dew was freshly laid on the grass that morning and as I swung, I spun and fell onto the grass, losing my grip on the paddle. I missed. When I opened my eyes, I could see the zombie was standing over me now, bending over with his arms outstretched to give me a deadly embrace.

"Oh shit, I'm screwed."

"Get up, Jared!" Adam screamed "What are you doing?!"

I was terrified. Yet again, I was locked up and overcome with fear. Out of no where, Jade ran up, grabbed the paddle and swung. She made contact to the neck and the zombie toppled over. I stood watching in awe as Jade brought the paddle down on the zombie over and over again.

"Head..." I managed to mumble. "Hit it in the head"

No comments:

Post a Comment