Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chapter 12: Preparation

"Adam!" I yelled as I rose to my feet,"Get out here now." I ran to my car and tried to open the door in an attempt to obtain my bat. "Locked." I checked my pockets searching frantically for my keys.

"Jared, whatever you're doing, you need to hurry." Jade shouted. I was about to panic until I saw Adam burst out the front door of the cabin with a shotgun in one arm and a rifle in the other.

"I thought you could use this." He handed me the weapon. "How many?" He paused and looked towards the oncoming horde. "Oh shit."

"Too many to count." Jade was standing ahead of us, waiting to attack. "Everyone ready?" she asked.

"Yeah" Adam and I said in unison. Adam climbed on top of my car and prepared the rifle for his first shot. I ran over to Jade who was standing there staring back into the faces of the horde. She was holding on to the paddle. "Are you going to be okay with that thing?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm not good with a gun."

"Guys, come on." Adam yelled over.

"Don't get to close. If you need help, yell." I said. Jade nodded and flashed a smile at me. She set my heart on fire.

I tightened my grip on the shotgun and walked towards the horde.

No comments:

Post a Comment