Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chapter 10: Let it All Out

Jade gripped the paddle as the zombie was still trying to grab onto me. She swung down hitting the zombie's skull and cracking it wide open. I stared at the zombie's skull seeing its exposed brain and its blood slowly oozing out. My gaze moved up to Jade who was also looking down at her first zombie kill. She was covered in the coagulated blood. "Jade?" I said. Her beautiful eyes met mine and a smile slowly appeared on her face.

"Ew." She started laughing and asked, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I don't know what happened. After I hit the ground, I... I just froze." I stood up and looked around. Adam was running into the house. "He's after that bacon," I thought to myself.

"Come on, kid. Let's go get cleaned up." Jade said as she made her way towards the house. I just stood there looking down at the creature that had almost claimed my life. "Are you coming?" She asked again.

"I'll be there in a second." Standing there alone for the first time in these few, short days of this zombie apocalypse, I let all my emotions out. Tears filled my eyes and I fell to my knees and cried. I kept asking myself, "how many more would come before we would have to leave this place?" "how many more near death experiences would we have?" And most importantly "which one of us would die first?"

Something touched my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment