Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chapter 14: Life Among Them

I burst into the house looking through every room as quickly as possible. As I ran into the bedroom I had slept in, I tripped over something. It was cold and hard. I picked myself up and looked to see my bat on the floor. "Great... Now the keys." I glanced around the room and spotted the keys on the bedside table. "Really?" I thought to myself. I grabbed the bat and keys and ran out the door.

Adam was still on top of my car trying to keep the zombies off of the bulldozer. I couldn't see Jade on the machine. I began to panic.

"Jared, we have to get out of here!" Adam started yelling at me. I knew it was smart to leave, but I couldn't leave Jade behind.

"If you want to leave, then go Adam. I have to help her." I handed him the keys and walked away towards the horde. Once I had reached the horde, I just started swinging the bat, taking them out one at a time. "Jade! Where are you?" I couldn't hear anything over the low drone of the zombies. There was no way I could kill all of them, but I fought on. The horde began to swarm around me until I was completely surrounded. With no escape in sight, hopelessness began to set in.

I was going to die.

The horde grew closer to me, hands reached out towards me, and mouths were drooling waiting to take a bite out of my flesh. I continued to swing, trying to think of some desperate way to escape, but there was nothing I could do. Finally, something grabbed onto my arm and sunk its teeth into my flesh.

"AHHHH! NO!" I screamed as my flesh ripped off my arm and blood began to pour out of it. I pushed the zombie off of me. It had taken a chunk out of my left arm....

I was infected.

No comments:

Post a Comment