Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chapter 11: The Horde

Something was touching my back.

I turned my head around slowly to see Jade standing behind me with her hand resting on my shoulder.

"Jared?" She looked worried, concerned. I tried to wipe away my tears, but there was no way I could hide that I was upset. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"I'm scared, Jade. We're in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, God only knows whether our families are dead or alive, and I can't even bring myself to kill a zombie until it's too late. I'm dead weight, useless. I'm only going to slow you and Adam down and get myself or all of us killed...." What the hell was wrong with me? I was pathetic and I knew it. I had to get a hold of myself.

Silence.

"Jared..." Jade's voice trailed off. I looked up at her. Her worried expression had faded and all that was left was a very grim glare.

"What?" She was unresponsive. "Jade?" She pointed towards the road. My eyes followed her hand until my gaze met the horde of the decomposing faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment