Saturday, May 22, 2010

Chapter 5: Remain Calm, the dead have risen

We made our way to a house that my family owns. A good distance between us and any of the creatures that would undoubtedly come, or so we thought. I parked the car and we made our way inside the house. Adam and I thoroughly checked the place our before letting our guard down a little.

"A TV! Maybe we can find out what's going on?" Adam started flipping through the channels as I tried to block the entrances. "Finally! Here, a news channel."

My eyes turned to the tv. The news open finished. A male news anchor was sitting at a desk. He looked like a nervous wreck, and like he was going to be sick. "If you're just now joining us we've been reporting over the last hour on what appears to be a new form of disease or virus." He swallowed hard trying to keep composure. "All we know now is that the police are asking everyone to stay inside and try to remain calm..." The new anchor began to start crying. He laid his head in his hands. "I can't do this. I'm sorry." The anchor gets up and runs out of frame.

A producer or intern or someone runs in front of the camera. "Listen, everyone board up your windows and lock your doors. Protect yourself as best possible." Screams can be heard in the background of the news studio. Gunshot. "The dead have risen."

Static.

No comments:

Post a Comment